Connected, previously titled The Mitchells vs. The Machines, is an original animated comedy from producers Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, The Lego Movie).
The Mitchells are a dysfunctional but loving family whose road trip is interrupted by a tech uprising that threatens mankind: all around the world, the electronic devices people love–from phones, to self driving cars, to a sleek new line of personal robots–turn on humanity. With the help of two malfunctioning robots and the family's delightfully overweight pug, the Mitchells will have to get past their problems and work together to save each other and the world!
- Abbi Jacobson as Katie Mitchell
- Danny McBride as Rick Mitchell
- Maya Rudolph as Linda Mitchell
- Mike Rianda as Aaron Mitchell
- Eric Andre as Mark Bowman
- Olivia Colman as PAL
- Blake Griffin as a new, sleek kind of robot from PAL Labs
- It was Sony Pictures Animation's first film to feature its original female protagonist.
- The film was originally set for release on January 10, 2020 under the title of The Mitchells vs. The Machines, but was pushed back the following month to September 18, 2020 and renamed to Connected. This may have occurred on February 20, 2020 since an article published by Deadline Hollywood the previous date included the previous title.
- This is Sony Pictures Animation's first original film since The Star.
- The film is inspired by Rianda's own delightfully crazy family, and a childhood infatuation with robots.
- This is the second Sony Pictures Animation film to have the Sony Pictures Animation logo appear before the Columbia Pictures logo with the first being Peter Rabbit (film).
- This is the first Sony Animation's animated film of 2020s to be produced in 1.85:1.
- ↑ Template:Cite tweet
- ↑ Cast list for Connected, Sony Pictures Animation website, February 20, 2020
- ↑ "An ordinary family battles a robot uprising in first look at Phil Lord and Chris Miller's Connected", Entertainment Weekly, February 20, 2020
- ↑ "Abbi Jacobson To Star In Sony Animated Film ‘The Mitchells Vs The Machines’ From Producers Chris Miller & Phil Lord", Deadline Hollywood, February 19, 2020