Grandsanta is the deuteragonist of the 2011 Christmas film Arthur Christmas. He is the father of Malcom Claus, grandfather of Steve and Arthur Claus, and the father-in-law of Margaret Claus. He is the former Santa Claus who helps his youngest grandson, Arthur deliver a missing present to a girl named Gwen Hines before Christmas morning.
- GrandSanta is the oldest member at the North Pole.
- Even though both GrandSanta and Steve have a different ideals but both do have many similarities:
- Both are prideful.
- Both are militaristic.
- Both believe their achievements go unrecognized.
- Both are nigh impossible to be reasoned with when they decide on something.
- Both don't like the elves very much.
- Both are shown to be lonely (GrandSanta not having someone to hang out with and Steve not having love).
- Both have shown that they have attracted unwanted attention from a male elf.