Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is an upcoming American computer-animated film.
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is scheduled for release on December 14, 2018.
- Shameik Moore as Miles Morales / Spider-Man
- Hailee Steinfeld as Gwen Stacy / Spider-Gwen
- Liev Schreiber as Wilson Fisk / Kingpin
- Mahershala Ali as Aaron Davis / Prowler
- Luna Lauren Velez as Rio Morales
- Brian Tyree Henry as Jefferson Davis
- Jake Johnson as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
- Lily Tomlin as May Parker
- Nicolas Cage as Peter Parker / Spider-Man Noir
- John Mulaney as Peter Porker / Spider-Ham
- Kimiko Glenn as Peni Parker / SP//dr
Following the November 2014 hacking of Sony Pictures' computers, Sony was revealed to have been trying to develop an animated comedy Spider-Man film with Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. On April 22, 2015, Sony announced that the Spider-Man animated feature film would be produced and written by Lord and Miller with Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach and Amy Pascal attached as the producers. The animated film would be independent of all the ongoing live-action films in the Spider-Man universe.
In June 2016, Sony Pictures Animation hired the Puss in Boots and The Little Prince's head of story Bob Persichetti to direct the animated film.
In January 2017, it was announced that the film would feature the Miles Morales version of Spider-Man, and it was revealed that Peter Ramsey would be the co-director. Alex Hirsch was confirmed to be contributing the story for the animated film. The following April, Shameik Moore was cast to provide the voice of Miles Morales, while Liev Schreiber would voice the movie's villain. In June 2017, Mahershala Ali and Brian Tyree Henry joined the voice cast.
In April 2018, it was announced that Jake Johnson has joined the voice cast in the role of adult Peter Parker / Spider-Man.
In July 2018, Nicolas Cage joined the voice cast as he was revealed to play Spider-Man Noir.
The film is scheduled to be released by Columbia Pictures on December 14, 2018. It was previously scheduled to be released on July 20, 2018. In December 2015 the film's release date was then pushed back to December 21, 2018.
- This is the first animated Spider-Man film to be released in theaters in the 21st century.
- This is the first Spider-Man film to be rated PG by the MPAA and also Marvel's first animated theatrical film to be designated that rating.
- The eighth Sony Pictures Animation film to be produced in a 2:35:1 aspect ratio, after Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, The Pirates! Band of Misfits, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Goosebumps, The Emoji Movie, Peter Rabbit and Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween.
- This film will have it's own line of Funko Pops!. 
- This is the first Spider-Man film that does not focus on Peter Parker.
- A scene from this film was included as a post-credits scene at the end of 2018's live-action film Venom.